Reports2Go: the 21st Century way of creating Property Reports
When you are in business as a letting agent, there are many things that you need to do. Not the least of these is to find good, reliable, and preferably long-term tenants for your landlords, because this makes life so much easier for everyone including you.
What you want is tenants who pay the rent on time every month and who also take good care of the property. If there is a garden, you want a tenant who will mow the lawn and keep the weeds down and keep it in reasonable shape.
Of course, even if you have reliable tenants, you still need to carry out interim inspections and, when the tenant is leaving, a check-out report.
Now it is true that many letting agents who are taking inventory still do so the old-fashioned way with a notepad and pen. You can scribble your notes as you go from one room to another and type them up when you get back to the office. However, this can be quite a lengthy process, and there is always a chance that you can miss things.
If you have a lot of tenants on your books, doing reports can consume a considerable part of your day. This is why some letting agents prefer to appoint specialist inventory clerks who may be members of one of professional bodies like Property Mark Inventories or Association of Independent Inventory Clerks whose full-time occupation is reports. It can save you or a member of your team a considerable amount of time, and it has the advantage that you know you will get a comprehensive report that covers everything. As for the cost of doing so, that can simply be passed on to the landlords as a part of your overall fees.
Far better than using a Clipboard and Biro
However, if you plan on continuing to carry out inspections yourself, there are far better ways of doing so today than with a clipboard and biro. Whether it is a check-in report, interim inspection, or check-out report, you can do it an awful lot faster when you use the app which we have created at Reports2Go. In fact, many professional inventory clerks will use this app themselves, as it saves so much time and avoids missing things in the property.
You simply download the app from Google Play or the App Store on to your mobile or your tablet. You can use it in one of two modes, either text mode or audio mode.
If you choose to use the app in text mode, you just type up your notes as you go from room to room. As you do this, the app will give you prompts for descriptions. So, for example, if you are in the kitchen, it will prompt you to add the appliances e.g. cooker, the fridge, the freezer, and so on if they are let with the property. It will also prompt you check the heat alarm and smoke alarms. Once you have finished the inspection, you simply upload your notes to your portal and they will be ready for you to download as a finished report in a few minutes.
In audio mode, it is even quicker, because you simply dictate your notes as you go through the property. When you are done, you upload it to your portal on our server and it will be ready for you to type up back at the office. Alternatively, you can pay a small fee and our staff will type it up for you, saving you even more time.
Gary, 08 October 2021
- You’re not still living in the 20th Century, are you?
- What to check for when doing an Inventory Report
- Use Speech Recognition tools to reduce time doing Reports
- Our Dictation App saves you a Huge Amount of Time
- Mid-Tenancy Reports are Critical when Letting a Property
- There may be Errors in the Inventory Report
- Reports2Go: the 21st Century way of creating Property Reports
- How to do a Condition Report for your BTL
- The work of an Inventory Clerk can be exceedingly varied
- What should you check for when inspecting your Lettings Property?
- Some things you need to know about Mid-term inspections as a Landlord
- The Reports2Go App makes Property Reports simple
- Why you should carry out Interim Inspections as a Landlord
- Why Check-In and Check-Out Reports are important for Tenants
- Some things to consider if you are thinking of buying a BTL
- The clever way for Letting Agents to create Property Reports
- Our FREE app makes Inventory Reports so much easier
- What to do if your Tenant has Damaged your Property?
- Inventory Reports and Check-Ins – are both really necessary?
- Who should pay for Property Cleaning - Tenants or Landlords?
- Is a Check-in Report Really Necessary?
- New plans and improved resolution for images
- Overheads of being a Landlord
- It is Critical that Inventory Reports are Accurate
- Mid-term Inspections of your BTL are Essential
- Minimising risks with proper tenant checks
- Making a Claim on a Tenant’s Deposit: What you need to consider
- The Importance of an Inventory for Tenants
- Things to note when conducting Check-In/Check-Out reports
- Our App saves a huge amount of time carrying out Inventories
- 5 Handy Screening Topics for New Tenants
- Busting Property Management Myths
- Six Money-Saving Tips for Landlords
- Rules for Tenants and Pets in 2021 - What are the Changes?
- As a Landlord you need to carry out Interim inspections
- Giving your Feedback on an Inventory as a Tenant
- Inventories made easy with Reports2Go
- New to Letting? What you should know about Property Reports
- Three Pillars of Good Property Management
- How can PropTech reduce your Property Inventory burden?
- Choosing the right Rental Management Strategy
- Some Tips for Promoting your Letting Agency Business
- The Importance of an Inventory to you as a Tenant
- Some Ideas to Consider in Order to Reduce your Overheads
- Legislation Concerning Landlords and Tenants is Constantly Changing
- What’s your Property Management approach?
- How to maintain a Positive Relationship with your Tenant
- How important is a Condition Report?
- Tools for New Landlords and Property Managers
- The Check-in Process in the Reports Cycle
- Doing an Inventory: Part 5 - Enhancing the Report
- Doing an Inventory: Part 4 - Finishing Up
- Doing an Inventory: Part 3 - Describing Items
- Doing an Inventory: Part 2 - At the Property
- How to do an Inventory: Part 1 - Preparation
- All you need to know about Property Reports as a Tenant
- Use the FREE Reports2Go App to Speed-up Inventories
- Using on-board Dictation Software for Reports
- A guide to Inventory, Check-In, and Check-Out reports
- Reasons for Landlords to carry out Mid-term Inspections
- How to Carry out an Inventory Quickly, Accurately, and Easily
- What does an Inventory Clerk do, and should I hire one?
- Inventory – A Guide for Tenants
- Things to keep in mind when conducting a Check-in Report
- Free Schedule of Condition - Why You Need it
- End-of-Tenancy clean? All you need to know
- Reports During Covid - 19 Restrictions
- Mid-term inspections as a Landlord
- How to avoid Deposit Angst with the Reports2Go app
- The Importance of the Reports2Go App for Inventories
- All about the Reports2Go App
- The Importance of an Inventory for a Tenant
- Dictation makes for a much faster and more Accurate Inventory
- How the Reports2Go app works
- Free Property App
- Completely Free App
- Tenant Fees Act and Inventories
- When you have a lot of Inventories, Reports2Go will save you time
- Periodic Inspections and why they are good idea
- Inventory meets the 21st century with Reports2Go
- Our App saves you a lot of time on Mid-Term inspections
- What is an inventory and why have one?
- Text Mode
- Audio Mode
- Our Inventory App
- Inventory Associations
- The life cycle of a Report