The Check-in Process in the Reports Cycle
If you have followed our Reports2Go Inventory App 'How to do an Inventory' series in this blog, then we might have whetted your appetite for what else is possible. Well, more reports are possible!
Having completed the inventory, the next likely requirement is going to be the check-in report . This is, in normal circumstances, something that done with the tenant present. (this is being written during the Covid19 Pandemic and You will have normally supplied the inventory report ahead of time to the tenant and at check-in, the idea is to go over the essentials in the property:
Some these are not absolutely but if known, can be a great help to the new tenant. Meter readings are required. Don’t omit the internal heat meter if present.
A note should be made of the keys handed over to the tenant, these will be required back at the end of the tenancy and the need to be recorded at this time.
Once a walk through is completed the document should be signed off.
It is a good idea to give the tenant some opportunity to provide an update to the report if they notice issues once they have moved in. Usual practice is to allow around 5 working days for updates. You would expect a photo and some comments. With the Reports2Go inventory app, it’s easy to add photographs using the edit facility.
Panos, 20 November 2020
- Some Ideas to Consider in Order to Reduce your Overheads
- Legislation Concerning Landlords and Tenants is Constantly Changing
- What’s your Property Management approach?
- How to maintain a Positive Relationship with your Tenant
- How important is a Condition Report?
- Tools for New Landlords and Property Managers
- The Check-in Process in the Reports Cycle
- Doing an Inventory: Part 5 - Enhancing the Report
- Doing an Inventory: Part 4 - Finishing Up
- Doing an Inventory: Part 3 - Describing Items
- Doing an Inventory: Part 2 - At the Property
- How to do an Inventory: Part 1 - Preparation
- All you need to know about Property Reports as a Tenant
- Use the FREE Reports2Go App to Speed-up Inventories
- Using on-board Dictation Software for Reports
- A guide to Inventory, Check-In, and Check-Out reports
- Reasons for Landlords to carry out Mid-term Inspections
- How to Carry out an Inventory Quickly, Accurately, and Easily
- What does an Inventory Clerk do, and should I hire one?
- Inventory – A Guide for Tenants
- Things to keep in mind when conducting a Check-in Report
- Free Schedule of Condition - Why You Need it
- End-of-Tenancy clean? All you need to know
- Reports During Covid - 19 Restrictions
- Mid-term inspections as a Landlord
- How to avoid Deposit Angst with the Reports2Go app
- The Importance of the Reports2Go App for Inventories
- All about the Reports2Go App
- The Importance of an Inventory for a Tenant
- Dictation makes for a much faster and more Accurate Inventory
- How the Reports2Go app works
- Free Property App
- Completely Free App
- Tenant Fees Act and Inventories
- When you have a lot of Inventories, Reports2Go will save you time
- Periodic Inspections and why they are good idea
- Inventory meets the 21st century with Reports2Go
- Our App saves you a lot of time on Mid-Term inspections
- What is an inventory and why have one?
- Text Mode
- Audio Mode
- Our Inventory App
- Inventory Associations
- The life cycle of a Report