Use the FREE Reports2Go App to Speed-up Inventories
Somewhat strangely, the Tenancy Deposit Scheme does not place any requirement upon the landlord or agent to prepare an inventory or check-in or check-out reports. However, without good quality check-in and check-out reports it can be very difficult to persuade an adjudicator – as well as a tenant – that a deduction from the tenant’s deposit at the end of the tenancy is fair.
An adjudicator will take into account any other evidence that the property was in clean and good condition at the commencement of the tenancy. Documentation such as perhaps a copy invoice for cleaning before the tenant moved in is good evidence, but it is very difficult to prove that a dent in the fridge door was or was not present at the time if there is no record of it. If anything, the adjudicator is likely to come down on the side of the tenant in such a case.
The Inventory, check-in and check-out reports should be as detailed as possible and accompanied by photographs if necessary. As they say a picture paints a thousand words. Equally, if you have a photograph of the fridge in good condition at check-in, that cannot be disputed easily.
While it is not necessary to take photographs of absolutely everything, there should most certainly be descriptions which are as accurate as possible. This means that taking inventory can be very time-consuming in order to ensure that it is done right, especially if doing it, as many inventory clerks still do, using a clipboard and notepad.
Today’s method of doing inventory is to use an app like the free inventory app that we provide at Reports2Go.
The app is not only very easy to use, but it also makes sure that you don’t miss things. It gives you prompts as you go through each room and makes suggestions for checking things. This is true for both inside the property and outside. So it will prompt you to check the garden fence, the garage door, and so on. When you are happy that you have covered everything in detail, all you need to do is to upload it to your portal on our server, and a few minutes later it will be ready to download.
You can also use our app in audio mode which makes the process of taking inventory even faster. In this mode you simply record your notes as you go by talking to your mobile in the same way that you would talk to Siri or Cortana. As with the text mode, the app will give you prompts as you go through each room. When you have finished the inventory, you upload it to your portal and you then have two choices: type up the report yourself or let us do it for you.
Gary, 18 September 2020
- Mid-Tenancy Reports are Critical when Letting a Property
- There may be Errors in the Inventory Report
- Reports2Go: the 21st Century way of creating Property Reports
- How to do a Condition Report for your BTL
- The work of an Inventory Clerk can be exceedingly varied
- What should you check for when inspecting your Lettings Property?
- Some things you need to know about Mid-term inspections as a Landlord
- The Reports2Go App makes Property Reports simple
- Why you should carry out Interim Inspections as a Landlord
- Why Check-In and Check-Out Reports are important for Tenants
- Some things to consider if you are thinking of buying a BTL
- The clever way for Letting Agents to create Property Reports
- Our FREE app makes Inventory Reports so much easier
- What to do if your Tenant has Damaged your Property?
- Inventory Reports and Check-Ins – are both really necessary?
- Who should pay for Property Cleaning - Tenants or Landlords?
- Is a Check-in Report Really Necessary?
- New plans and improved resolution for images
- Overheads of being a Landlord
- It is Critical that Inventory Reports are Accurate
- Mid-term Inspections of your BTL are Essential
- Minimising risks with proper tenant checks
- Making a Claim on a Tenant’s Deposit: What you need to consider
- The Importance of an Inventory for Tenants
- Things to note when conducting Check-In/Check-Out reports
- Our App saves a huge amount of time carrying out Inventories
- 5 Handy Screening Topics for New Tenants
- Busting Property Management Myths
- Six Money-Saving Tips for Landlords
- Rules for Tenants and Pets in 2021 - What are the Changes?
- As a Landlord you need to carry out Interim inspections
- Giving your Feedback on an Inventory as a Tenant
- Inventories made easy with Reports2Go
- New to Letting? What you should know about Property Reports
- Three Pillars of Good Property Management
- How can PropTech reduce your Property Inventory burden?
- Choosing the right Rental Management Strategy
- Some Tips for Promoting your Letting Agency Business
- The Importance of an Inventory to you as a Tenant
- Some Ideas to Consider in Order to Reduce your Overheads
- Legislation Concerning Landlords and Tenants is Constantly Changing
- What’s your Property Management approach?
- How to maintain a Positive Relationship with your Tenant
- How important is a Condition Report?
- Tools for New Landlords and Property Managers
- The Check-in Process in the Reports Cycle
- Doing an Inventory: Part 5 - Enhancing the Report
- Doing an Inventory: Part 4 - Finishing Up
- Doing an Inventory: Part 3 - Describing Items
- Doing an Inventory: Part 2 - At the Property
- How to do an Inventory: Part 1 - Preparation
- All you need to know about Property Reports as a Tenant
- Use the FREE Reports2Go App to Speed-up Inventories
- Using on-board Dictation Software for Reports
- A guide to Inventory, Check-In, and Check-Out reports
- Reasons for Landlords to carry out Mid-term Inspections
- How to Carry out an Inventory Quickly, Accurately, and Easily
- What does an Inventory Clerk do, and should I hire one?
- Inventory – A Guide for Tenants
- Things to keep in mind when conducting a Check-in Report
- Free Schedule of Condition - Why You Need it
- End-of-Tenancy clean? All you need to know
- Reports During Covid - 19 Restrictions
- Mid-term inspections as a Landlord
- How to avoid Deposit Angst with the Reports2Go app
- The Importance of the Reports2Go App for Inventories
- All about the Reports2Go App
- The Importance of an Inventory for a Tenant
- Dictation makes for a much faster and more Accurate Inventory
- How the Reports2Go app works
- Free Property App
- Completely Free App
- Tenant Fees Act and Inventories
- When you have a lot of Inventories, Reports2Go will save you time
- Periodic Inspections and why they are good idea
- Inventory meets the 21st century with Reports2Go
- Our App saves you a lot of time on Mid-Term inspections
- What is an inventory and why have one?
- Text Mode
- Audio Mode
- Our Inventory App
- Inventory Associations
- The life cycle of a Report