Our FREE app makes Inventory Reports so much easier
When you are a landlord, whether you own one property or many, one of the most important considerations is taking an inventory. This is far more than just a list of what is in the property, because it refers not just to the property itself and any contents, but above all the condition that they are in at the time the inventory is taken.
Inventory should be carried out before the tenant moves in and then when they move in a second report is taken known as a check-in report. When the tenant moves out, there is the check-out report. Ideally, the tenant should be present on both check-in and check-out because it is then that both landlord and tenant can agree on the condition of the contents.
If the tenant cannot be present, then the check-in report should be carried out on the day the tenant is due to move in, or even on the morning of the day. Similarly, the check-out report should be carried out on moving out day, or very soon thereafter, to avoid issues with time delay. Ideally, lots of photographs should be taken because as they say – a picture paints a thousand words.
Of course, it is a good idea to conduct periodic inspections during the course of the tenancy. These help to show up any damage that appears to the fabric of the building or essential repairs that need to be carried out. It gives you as the landlord the chance to spot anything small that might get worse and cost a lot more to fix later on. Quite often, a tenant may not report very minor issues such as a damp patch or may not even notice some things. Interim checks can be carried out when required, but usually three months initially and then every six or so months.
One of the problems with taking inventory is the sheer amount of time that it takes. It is bad enough if you only have one or two properties, but if you have several it can seem as though you are spending a lot of time doing nothing other than inventory.
This is the reason that we have designed our free inventory app at Reports2Go as it can speed up the whole process and will also ensure that you don’t miss things out. You can download the free inventory app from the App Store or from Google Play for your mobile or tablet.
Once you have the app installed, it makes generating inventory reports a lot easier. Our app has been designed so that you can use it in one of two modes – audio or text mode. With text mode there is a custom predictive text keyboard that you use to type the description and condition of everything as you go from one room to the next. It features a predictive algorithm that will prompt you to check things as you go. So, for example, it knows about ceiling and curtains and will help you to generate the right description.
Once you have completed your inventory you send it to your portal on our servers and within a few minutes it will be ready for you to download.
You can also use the app in audio mode, In this case you simply dictate your comments into the app as you go. This makes the process of taking inventory even faster. When you have finished, you upload to your portal, and it will then be ready for you to type up when you wish. Alternatively, you can have our staff type it up for you for a small fee.
Gary, 30 July 2021
- What should you check for when inspecting your Lettings Property?
- Some things you need to know about Mid-term inspections as a Landlord
- The Reports2Go App makes Property Reports simple
- Why you should carry out Interim Inspections as a Landlord
- Why Check-In and Check-Out Reports are important for Tenants
- Some things to consider if you are thinking of buying a BTL
- The clever way for Letting Agents to create Property Reports
- Our FREE app makes Inventory Reports so much easier
- What to do if your Tenant has Damaged your Property?
- Inventory Reports and Check-Ins – are both really necessary?
- Who should pay for Property Cleaning - Tenants or Landlords?
- Is a Check-in Report Really Necessary?
- New plans and improved resolution for images
- Overheads of being a Landlord
- It is Critical that Inventory Reports are Accurate
- Mid-term Inspections of your BTL are Essential
- Minimising risks with proper tenant checks
- Making a Claim on a Tenant’s Deposit: What you need to consider
- The Importance of an Inventory for Tenants
- Things to note when conducting Check-In/Check-Out reports
- Our App saves a huge amount of time carrying out Inventories
- 5 Handy Screening Topics for New Tenants
- Busting Property Management Myths
- Six Money-Saving Tips for Landlords
- Rules for Tenants and Pets in 2021 - What are the Changes?
- As a Landlord you need to carry out Interim inspections
- Giving your Feedback on an Inventory as a Tenant
- Inventories made easy with Reports2Go
- New to Letting? What you should know about Property Reports
- Three Pillars of Good Property Management
- How can PropTech reduce your Property Inventory burden?
- Choosing the right Rental Management Strategy
- Some Tips for Promoting your Letting Agency Business
- The Importance of an Inventory to you as a Tenant
- Some Ideas to Consider in Order to Reduce your Overheads
- Legislation Concerning Landlords and Tenants is Constantly Changing
- What’s your Property Management approach?
- How to maintain a Positive Relationship with your Tenant
- How important is a Condition Report?
- Tools for New Landlords and Property Managers
- The Check-in Process in the Reports Cycle
- Doing an Inventory: Part 5 - Enhancing the Report
- Doing an Inventory: Part 4 - Finishing Up
- Doing an Inventory: Part 3 - Describing Items
- Doing an Inventory: Part 2 - At the Property
- How to do an Inventory: Part 1 - Preparation
- All you need to know about Property Reports as a Tenant
- Use the FREE Reports2Go App to Speed-up Inventories
- Using on-board Dictation Software for Reports
- A guide to Inventory, Check-In, and Check-Out reports
- Reasons for Landlords to carry out Mid-term Inspections
- How to Carry out an Inventory Quickly, Accurately, and Easily
- What does an Inventory Clerk do, and should I hire one?
- Inventory – A Guide for Tenants
- Things to keep in mind when conducting a Check-in Report
- Free Schedule of Condition - Why You Need it
- End-of-Tenancy clean? All you need to know
- Reports During Covid - 19 Restrictions
- Mid-term inspections as a Landlord
- How to avoid Deposit Angst with the Reports2Go app
- The Importance of the Reports2Go App for Inventories
- All about the Reports2Go App
- The Importance of an Inventory for a Tenant
- Dictation makes for a much faster and more Accurate Inventory
- How the Reports2Go app works
- Free Property App
- Completely Free App
- Tenant Fees Act and Inventories
- When you have a lot of Inventories, Reports2Go will save you time
- Periodic Inspections and why they are good idea
- Inventory meets the 21st century with Reports2Go
- Our App saves you a lot of time on Mid-Term inspections
- What is an inventory and why have one?
- Text Mode
- Audio Mode
- Our Inventory App
- Inventory Associations
- The life cycle of a Report