Doing an Inventory: Part 5 - Enhancing the Report
Working with our Reports2Go Inventory App we can make a couple of changes to add those finshing touches to the report. We’ve covered the four steps to getting a report ready, you may want to use a couple of features that are available on the portal.
The standard report comes with a basic set of Terms and Conditions. They cover the minimum in terms of disclaimers and the scope of the report. You may have your own extras and specific do’s and don’ts and advice on looking after the property as well as what might be expected for mid-term inspections and check-outs. It is good to include tips for the tenant to be on top of the upkeep and the best way to retain a full deposit.
All you need is a Microsoft Word file with your Ts and Cs. Upload the file to your portal under the Logos and Ts and Cs tab. To include your version, simply pay the enhancement fee when generating the report and select the file. If you are an inventory clerk and have a number of different Ts and Cs for specific clients, you can upload as many as you like. Set a default and pick a different one as needed just before you generate and download a report. The Preview function will help to ensure that it is all looking good.
The Ts and Cs enhancement also allows you to add your own logo to the report. Both enhancements are covered in one single fee. Again, you can have multiple logos on your portal for specific clients. Load the logo file, which needs to be in JPG format, from your desktop. You can set the default to be for the most frequently used one.
Occasionally, you may have pictures sent to you by the tenant post check-in for item condition that may differ from the report. You can add these into the document at any time. It is usual to allow the tenant around a week or five working days to report any mismatches.
To update the report, use another paid-for feature – Edit reports. This function allows you up to 30 days to make changes to a report from the uptake of the enhancement. Text for any room or section can be modified and so can tags for pictures. If you have been sent pictures, you can import them into the document. The picture date and time will be set to the time of import.
In many ways, the Edit function is a very quick way of creating the report as a whole. Some users prefer to take meter readings, check alarms and then take copious pictures of the contents and room conditions. All the text and tags are added back at the desktop using the Edit feature. It can make for a great time saving.
Try out these features on your next report!
Panos, 06 November 2020
- The Importance of an Inventory for Tenants
- Things to note when conducting Check-In/Check-Out reports
- Our App saves a huge amount of time carrying out Inventories
- 5 Handy Screening Topics for New Tenants
- Busting Property Management Myths
- Six Money-Saving Tips for Landlords
- Rules for Tenants and Pets in 2021 - What are the Changes?
- As a Landlord you need to carry out Interim inspections
- Giving your Feedback on an Inventory as a Tenant
- Inventories made easy with Reports2Go
- New to Letting? What you should know about Property Reports
- Three Pillars of Good Property Management
- How can PropTech reduce your Property Inventory burden?
- Choosing the right Rental Management Strategy
- Some Tips for Promoting your Letting Agency Business
- The Importance of an Inventory to you as a Tenant
- Some Ideas to Consider in Order to Reduce your Overheads
- Legislation Concerning Landlords and Tenants is Constantly Changing
- What’s your Property Management approach?
- How to maintain a Positive Relationship with your Tenant
- How important is a Condition Report?
- Tools for New Landlords and Property Managers
- The Check-in Process in the Reports Cycle
- Doing an Inventory: Part 5 - Enhancing the Report
- Doing an Inventory: Part 4 - Finishing Up
- Doing an Inventory: Part 3 - Describing Items
- Doing an Inventory: Part 2 - At the Property
- How to do an Inventory: Part 1 - Preparation
- All you need to know about Property Reports as a Tenant
- Use the FREE Reports2Go App to Speed-up Inventories
- Using on-board Dictation Software for Reports
- A guide to Inventory, Check-In, and Check-Out reports
- Reasons for Landlords to carry out Mid-term Inspections
- How to Carry out an Inventory Quickly, Accurately, and Easily
- What does an Inventory Clerk do, and should I hire one?
- Inventory – A Guide for Tenants
- Things to keep in mind when conducting a Check-in Report
- Free Schedule of Condition - Why You Need it
- End-of-Tenancy clean? All you need to know
- Reports During Covid - 19 Restrictions
- Mid-term inspections as a Landlord
- How to avoid Deposit Angst with the Reports2Go app
- The Importance of the Reports2Go App for Inventories
- All about the Reports2Go App
- The Importance of an Inventory for a Tenant
- Dictation makes for a much faster and more Accurate Inventory
- How the Reports2Go app works
- Free Property App
- Completely Free App
- Tenant Fees Act and Inventories
- When you have a lot of Inventories, Reports2Go will save you time
- Periodic Inspections and why they are good idea
- Inventory meets the 21st century with Reports2Go
- Our App saves you a lot of time on Mid-Term inspections
- What is an inventory and why have one?
- Text Mode
- Audio Mode
- Our Inventory App
- Inventory Associations
- The life cycle of a Report