The Reports2Go App makes Property Reports simple
When you own a property which you rent out to a private tenant you are entitled to require a deposit from the tenant which must be kept according to strict rules which have been in force since April 2007. The aim of the deposit is for you as a landlord to be able to use part or all of the deposit if the tenant causes damage to your property over and above normal wear and tear. Whether the damage is caused accidentally or with intent does not matter.
However, figures from the Tenancy Deposit Scheme show that there has been a considerable rise in disputes over deposit claims, with over one third of all agents and landlords making claims. Part of the problem is that it costs the tenant nothing to dispute the claim which then has to go to arbitration. This is why it is essential for landlords and agents to undertake inventory, check-in reports, interim reports, and check-out reports that are of the highest standard so that it makes it more difficult to dispute a genuine claim.
Many agents and landlords will instruct a third party to carry out inventory reports so that it makes it harder for the tenant to claim that there is a conflict of interest. There are indeed many companies who provide independent inventory reports and who are members of ARLA Property mark Inventories who provide the Property mark qualification which we have ourselves at Reports2Go.
Indeed, if you are a landlord or agent in the county of Cambridge, we can provide you with a property inventory report in Cambridge, and also in Norfolk and Suffolk. All you need to do is to click on the Inventory Service link on our website, enter a few quick details about the property for which you require a report, and you will get an automatic quote for the service. If you then wish to instruct us to go ahead, the report will be produced by one of our team of trained and qualified inventory clerks.
When we carry out a property inventory report in Cambridge, Norfolk, or Suffolk, we make use of our own Reports2Go app which we developed initially in 2008 for the precise purpose of creating property reports which are accurate and don’t miss anything out. This app is available on the App Store and on Google Play and can be downloaded on to any mobile phone or tablet whether iOS or Android. The best news about it is that it is totally free to use, whether you are a landlord or agent or an independent inventory clerk!
The Reports2Go app can be used either in text mode or in audio mode, as you wish. In text mode you use our custom predictive keyboard and type up descriptions and conditions of everything as you go from room to room. The predictive algorithm will prompt you with suggestions as you go, so in the kitchen it will remind you to check items and contents and also, of course, doors, walls, ceiling, lighting, etc.
You can also take pictures as you go. The old saying is that a picture is worth a thousand words, and in the case of an inventory report it could not be truer. You should take lots of photos. If you can show a photo of the fridge door at check-in that is perfect, and then another at check-out which shows a big scratch on the door, there really cannot be a lot of argument about when it was caused and who is responsible.
Once you have finished taking inventory, you upload it to your portal on our server and it will be ready to download a few minutes later.
When you use the Reports2G app in audio mode, it actually makes taking the inventory even faster because you simply dictate your notes rather than typing them. When completed, you upload everything into your portal, and it will then be ready for you to type up when you get back to the office. If you prefer, you can have one of our team type up your report for you for a small fee, and this enables you to carry on undertaking inventory in another property, which is perfect if you are an inventory clerk.
Panos, 03 September 2021
- What should you check for when Inspecting your Rental Property?
- How to Hire an Inventory Clerk
- Is an Inventory Report needed for Unfurnished Properties?
- The Reasons why you should carry out a Mid-Tenancy Inspection
- The Perfect Inventory App for Landlords
- Check-In and Check-Out reports: What you need to know as a Tenant
- Carrying out Mid-Tenancy checks: What you Need to Know
- You’re not still living in the 20th Century, are you?
- What to check for when doing an Inventory Report
- Use Speech Recognition tools to reduce time doing Reports
- Our Dictation App saves you a Huge Amount of Time
- Mid-Tenancy Reports are Critical when Letting a Property
- There may be Errors in the Inventory Report
- Reports2Go: the 21st Century way of creating Property Reports
- How to do a Condition Report for your BTL
- The work of an Inventory Clerk can be exceedingly varied
- What should you check for when inspecting your Lettings Property?
- Some things you need to know about Mid-term inspections as a Landlord
- The Reports2Go App makes Property Reports simple
- Why you should carry out Interim Inspections as a Landlord
- Why Check-In and Check-Out Reports are important for Tenants
- Some things to consider if you are thinking of buying a BTL
- The clever way for Letting Agents to create Property Reports
- Our FREE app makes Inventory Reports so much easier
- What to do if your Tenant has Damaged your Property?
- Inventory Reports and Check-Ins – are both really necessary?
- Who should pay for Property Cleaning - Tenants or Landlords?
- Is a Check-in Report Really Necessary?
- New plans and improved resolution for images
- Overheads of being a Landlord
- It is Critical that Inventory Reports are Accurate
- Mid-term Inspections of your BTL are Essential
- Minimising risks with proper tenant checks
- Making a Claim on a Tenant’s Deposit: What you need to consider
- The Importance of an Inventory for Tenants
- Things to note when conducting Check-In/Check-Out reports
- Our App saves a huge amount of time carrying out Inventories
- 5 Handy Screening Topics for New Tenants
- Busting Property Management Myths
- Six Money-Saving Tips for Landlords
- Rules for Tenants and Pets in 2021 - What are the Changes?
- As a Landlord you need to carry out Interim inspections
- Giving your Feedback on an Inventory as a Tenant
- Inventories made easy with Reports2Go
- New to Letting? What you should know about Property Reports
- Three Pillars of Good Property Management
- How can PropTech reduce your Property Inventory burden?
- Choosing the right Rental Management Strategy
- Some Tips for Promoting your Letting Agency Business
- The Importance of an Inventory to you as a Tenant
- Some Ideas to Consider in Order to Reduce your Overheads
- Legislation Concerning Landlords and Tenants is Constantly Changing
- What’s your Property Management approach?
- How to maintain a Positive Relationship with your Tenant
- How important is a Condition Report?
- Tools for New Landlords and Property Managers
- The Check-in Process in the Reports Cycle
- Doing an Inventory: Part 5 - Enhancing the Report
- Doing an Inventory: Part 4 - Finishing Up
- Doing an Inventory: Part 3 - Describing Items
- Doing an Inventory: Part 2 - At the Property
- How to do an Inventory: Part 1 - Preparation
- All you need to know about Property Reports as a Tenant
- Use the FREE Reports2Go App to Speed-up Inventories
- Using on-board Dictation Software for Reports
- A guide to Inventory, Check-In, and Check-Out reports
- Reasons for Landlords to carry out Mid-term Inspections
- How to Carry out an Inventory Quickly, Accurately, and Easily
- What does an Inventory Clerk do, and should I hire one?
- Inventory – A Guide for Tenants
- Things to keep in mind when conducting a Check-in Report
- Free Schedule of Condition - Why You Need it
- End-of-Tenancy clean? All you need to know
- Reports During Covid - 19 Restrictions
- Mid-term inspections as a Landlord
- How to avoid Deposit Angst with the Reports2Go app
- The Importance of the Reports2Go App for Inventories
- All about the Reports2Go App
- The Importance of an Inventory for a Tenant
- Dictation makes for a much faster and more Accurate Inventory
- How the Reports2Go app works
- Free Property App
- Completely Free App
- Tenant Fees Act and Inventories
- When you have a lot of Inventories, Reports2Go will save you time
- Periodic Inspections and why they are good idea
- Inventory meets the 21st century with Reports2Go
- Our App saves you a lot of time on Mid-Term inspections
- What is an inventory and why have one?
- Text Mode
- Audio Mode
- Our Inventory App
- Inventory Associations
- The life cycle of a Report