The Perfect Inventory App for Landlords
The Perfect Inventory App for Landlords
One of the most important things that you need to do as a landlord is to carry out inventory, check-in, mid-term, and check-out reports on the condition of every property that you let, and any contents where appropriate.
This is because you are entitled to claim reparation from your tenant’s deposit if the tenant has caused any damage to your property or contents that is over and above fair wear and tear. Things like carpets do suffer from wear and tear over time. Curtains can be damaged by UV light. Seating can gradually sink down as years progress.
However, damage that is caused by the tenant such as a wine stains on a carpet, a dent in wall plasterboard, or a lost key are not fair wear and tear, and so you can claim.
If you use a letting agent, that agent will probably include inventory for you as a part of the service they provide, although some letting agents don’t, but will offer the service using a third-party inventory clerk who does inventory for property owners as a full-time job.
However, if you are like some other landlords, you may wish to run your property letting business as a full-time concern, and in this case, you will probably want to carry out your inventory yourself, together with all the necessary mid-term checks. Each rental inventory gives a fully detailed report on the condition of each property at the beginning of the tenancy along with its contents.
Ideally, the Tenant should be present
Ideally, when you let a property, you should carry out the check-in report with the tenant present. This can save a lot of arguments later on, because you can both agree upon the condition of everything at the outset. However, the tenant may not be able to be present on the day, and in this case, you have to prepare the report and supply the tenant with a copy as soon as they move in and allow a few days for then to check it over and either agree with it and sign it or report anything with which they disagree or which you may have missed.
This is one of the issues with inventory and check-in and check-out reports. Unless you have been doing inventory for a long time, it is very easy to miss things. This is why many full-time inventory clerks use the inventory app which we provide at Reports2Go because it gives you prompts as you go through your property in order to ensure that you don’t miss anything.
The good thing about our app from your point of view is that it is completely free to download and use. You can download it from the App Store or Google Play to your mobile or tablet.
Not only is it free to use, but you can use our inventory app in two different modes, so you can choose whichever you prefer. If you choose to use it in text mode, you can simply type up your notes on your mobile or tablet as you go through the property. As we said, it will give you prompts to check on specific things as you go. When you have completed the check, all you do is upload it to a portal on our server, and then in a few minutes it will be ready for you to download.
Alternatively, you can use the app in audio mode, in which case you simply dictate your notes into the app. When you have finished, you upload it to the portal and then you can type it up when you get back to your office. Better still, our team will type it up for you for a small fee.
Gary, 17 December 2021
- What should you check for when Inspecting your Rental Property?
- How to Hire an Inventory Clerk
- Is an Inventory Report needed for Unfurnished Properties?
- The Reasons why you should carry out a Mid-Tenancy Inspection
- The Perfect Inventory App for Landlords
- Check-In and Check-Out reports: What you need to know as a Tenant
- Carrying out Mid-Tenancy checks: What you Need to Know
- You’re not still living in the 20th Century, are you?
- What to check for when doing an Inventory Report
- Use Speech Recognition tools to reduce time doing Reports
- Our Dictation App saves you a Huge Amount of Time
- Mid-Tenancy Reports are Critical when Letting a Property
- There may be Errors in the Inventory Report
- Reports2Go: the 21st Century way of creating Property Reports
- How to do a Condition Report for your BTL
- The work of an Inventory Clerk can be exceedingly varied
- What should you check for when inspecting your Lettings Property?
- Some things you need to know about Mid-term inspections as a Landlord
- The Reports2Go App makes Property Reports simple
- Why you should carry out Interim Inspections as a Landlord
- Why Check-In and Check-Out Reports are important for Tenants
- Some things to consider if you are thinking of buying a BTL
- The clever way for Letting Agents to create Property Reports
- Our FREE app makes Inventory Reports so much easier
- What to do if your Tenant has Damaged your Property?
- Inventory Reports and Check-Ins – are both really necessary?
- Who should pay for Property Cleaning - Tenants or Landlords?
- Is a Check-in Report Really Necessary?
- New plans and improved resolution for images
- Overheads of being a Landlord
- It is Critical that Inventory Reports are Accurate
- Mid-term Inspections of your BTL are Essential
- Minimising risks with proper tenant checks
- Making a Claim on a Tenant’s Deposit: What you need to consider
- The Importance of an Inventory for Tenants
- Things to note when conducting Check-In/Check-Out reports
- Our App saves a huge amount of time carrying out Inventories
- 5 Handy Screening Topics for New Tenants
- Busting Property Management Myths
- Six Money-Saving Tips for Landlords
- Rules for Tenants and Pets in 2021 - What are the Changes?
- As a Landlord you need to carry out Interim inspections
- Giving your Feedback on an Inventory as a Tenant
- Inventories made easy with Reports2Go
- New to Letting? What you should know about Property Reports
- Three Pillars of Good Property Management
- How can PropTech reduce your Property Inventory burden?
- Choosing the right Rental Management Strategy
- Some Tips for Promoting your Letting Agency Business
- The Importance of an Inventory to you as a Tenant
- Some Ideas to Consider in Order to Reduce your Overheads
- Legislation Concerning Landlords and Tenants is Constantly Changing
- What’s your Property Management approach?
- How to maintain a Positive Relationship with your Tenant
- How important is a Condition Report?
- Tools for New Landlords and Property Managers
- The Check-in Process in the Reports Cycle
- Doing an Inventory: Part 5 - Enhancing the Report
- Doing an Inventory: Part 4 - Finishing Up
- Doing an Inventory: Part 3 - Describing Items
- Doing an Inventory: Part 2 - At the Property
- How to do an Inventory: Part 1 - Preparation
- All you need to know about Property Reports as a Tenant
- Use the FREE Reports2Go App to Speed-up Inventories
- Using on-board Dictation Software for Reports
- A guide to Inventory, Check-In, and Check-Out reports
- Reasons for Landlords to carry out Mid-term Inspections
- How to Carry out an Inventory Quickly, Accurately, and Easily
- What does an Inventory Clerk do, and should I hire one?
- Inventory – A Guide for Tenants
- Things to keep in mind when conducting a Check-in Report
- Free Schedule of Condition - Why You Need it
- End-of-Tenancy clean? All you need to know
- Reports During Covid - 19 Restrictions
- Mid-term inspections as a Landlord
- How to avoid Deposit Angst with the Reports2Go app
- The Importance of the Reports2Go App for Inventories
- All about the Reports2Go App
- The Importance of an Inventory for a Tenant
- Dictation makes for a much faster and more Accurate Inventory
- How the Reports2Go app works
- Free Property App
- Completely Free App
- Tenant Fees Act and Inventories
- When you have a lot of Inventories, Reports2Go will save you time
- Periodic Inspections and why they are good idea
- Inventory meets the 21st century with Reports2Go
- Our App saves you a lot of time on Mid-Term inspections
- What is an inventory and why have one?
- Text Mode
- Audio Mode
- Our Inventory App
- Inventory Associations
- The life cycle of a Report