Our Dictation App saves you a Huge Amount of Time
One of the biggest problems that you have when you are a managing agent looking after properties on behalf of multiple landlords is that of carrying out inspections of their properties.
There are two separate issues, one of which is the actual amount of detail that is involved. Even if a landlord lets their premises empty without any furniture or white goods, there are still plenty of things that you need to check. If the property fully furnished, then there is a whole load of things that need checking, and the problem is that it is very easy to miss something. This is the case even if you are an experienced inventory clerk.
It is so easy to miss a scratch on a door or window frame, forget to check under the sink, look at the light fittings on the ceiling and not realise that there is a glass drop missing or that the lampshade is off skew because of a fault, and so on. So that is the first thing that can go wrong – simply missing things out.
The other thing is the serious amount of time that carrying out property inspections takes. If you have, say, a couple of hundred properties on your books and they all need not only check-in and check-out reports, but all the interim inspections, it takes time. Check-in and check-out reports are only needed at those times. So, two inspections cover it. The real problem is all the interim inspections that you have to do.
If you carry out interim inspections on a quarterly basis, as many letting agents do, then with two hundred properties you are looking at 800 inspections a year, and this is where there is another problem. That is over three inspections every day of the year, based on a five-day week, without allowing for holidays.
The Properties you Manage can be almost Anywhere
There is also another issue and that is that the properties that you manage can be almost anywhere. OK, by and large they will be on your patch, but then again you may have some which are not. A landlord may have several properties, one or two of which are further afield. Let’s face it, landlords who are in business letting BTLs as a business don’t really care where their properties are. They invest in the best for them and their portfolio.
You must book an inspection at least 24 hours in advance and advise the tenant in writing. Sure, that can be done by email unless the tenant doesn’t have internet access. Now, not all tenants will be available at home at the time that suits you, so you have to carry out the inspection at a time which suits them.
The result of this is that you can be hopping about from one side of your patch to another which can mean driving a distance of 30 miles from one property to another. And in the worst instance, then driving back again to inspect a property in the next street from the one that you did first! It is the time involved which is so expensive – Time is Money!
You have to carry out each inspection making your notes as you go and ensuring that you don’t miss anything. Some letting agents still do this using a notepad and biro, but the smart ones today are using the Reports2Go app for carrying out inventory.
Our app brings you into the 21st century with a bang, and speeds up the process of carrying out inspections, at the same time making sure you don’t miss things. Not only that, it’s free to use!
You download it to your mobile or tablet and you can use it in text mode or dictation mode. Using the dictation software is what many letting agents prefer because it is so much faster. When you use the dictation software you simply dictate your notes into the app as you go from room to room. You don’t have to scribble notes on a notepad, nor type text into the app, although you can do that if you prefer. Not only that, but the app gives you reminders to what to check as you go from one room to another, so that you don’t miss things out.
Using it in dictation mode you simply upload it to your portal on our server when you have completed the inspection, and then it is ready to download so that you can type it up when you get back to the office. If you prefer, for a small fee our team will type it up for you, so you can just carry on with the next inspection.
Dan, 29 October 2021
- Property Inventory App? What can I expect for my money?
- How inventory clerk software can help your business
- The advantages of using Voice Technology for Property Reports
- What goes into a Condition Report?
- Things to consider when compiling a Property Inventory
- Do I Need a Property Inventory?
- The Importance of Check-In and Check-Out Reports
- Our Dictation Software makes creating Inventory Reports so much faster
- Why you need to carry out Interim Inspections of your BTL
- Creating an Inventory is a critical task for a Managing Agent
- An Inventory Guide for Tenants
- Our App makes creating a Schedule of Condition so much faster and more Accurate
- Some tips for Landlords carrying out Property Inspections
- Creating an Inventory is one of the most Important Tasks for a Managing Agent
- What should you check for when Inspecting your Rental Property?
- How to Hire an Inventory Clerk
- Is an Inventory Report needed for Unfurnished Properties?
- The Reasons why you should carry out a Mid-Tenancy Inspection
- The Perfect Inventory App for Landlords
- Check-In and Check-Out reports: What you need to know as a Tenant
- Carrying out Mid-Tenancy checks: What you Need to Know
- You’re not still living in the 20th Century, are you?
- What to check for when doing an Inventory Report
- Use Speech Recognition tools to reduce time doing Reports
- Our Dictation App saves you a Huge Amount of Time
- Mid-Tenancy Reports are Critical when Letting a Property
- There may be Errors in the Inventory Report
- Reports2Go: the 21st Century way of creating Property Reports
- How to do a Condition Report for your BTL
- The work of an Inventory Clerk can be exceedingly varied
- What should you check for when inspecting your Lettings Property?
- Some things you need to know about Mid-term inspections as a Landlord
- The Reports2Go App makes Property Reports simple
- Why you should carry out Interim Inspections as a Landlord
- Why Check-In and Check-Out Reports are important for Tenants
- Some things to consider if you are thinking of buying a BTL
- The clever way for Letting Agents to create Property Reports
- Our FREE app makes Inventory Reports so much easier
- What to do if your Tenant has Damaged your Property?
- Inventory Reports and Check-Ins – are both really necessary?
- Who should pay for Property Cleaning - Tenants or Landlords?
- Is a Check-in Report Really Necessary?
- New plans and improved resolution for images
- Overheads of being a Landlord
- It is Critical that Inventory Reports are Accurate
- Mid-term Inspections of your BTL are Essential
- Minimising risks with proper tenant checks
- Making a Claim on a Tenant’s Deposit: What you need to consider
- The Importance of an Inventory for Tenants
- Things to note when conducting Check-In/Check-Out reports
- Our App saves a huge amount of time carrying out Inventories
- 5 Handy Screening Topics for New Tenants
- Busting Property Management Myths
- Six Money-Saving Tips for Landlords
- Rules for Tenants and Pets in 2021 - What are the Changes?
- As a Landlord you need to carry out Interim inspections
- Giving your Feedback on an Inventory as a Tenant
- Inventories made easy with Reports2Go
- New to Letting? What you should know about Property Reports
- Three Pillars of Good Property Management
- How can PropTech reduce your Property Inventory burden?
- Choosing the right Rental Management Strategy
- Some Tips for Promoting your Letting Agency Business
- The Importance of an Inventory to you as a Tenant
- Some Ideas to Consider in Order to Reduce your Overheads
- Legislation Concerning Landlords and Tenants is Constantly Changing
- What’s your Property Management approach?
- How to maintain a Positive Relationship with your Tenant
- How important is a Condition Report?
- Tools for New Landlords and Property Managers
- The Check-in Process in the Reports Cycle
- Doing an Inventory: Part 5 - Enhancing the Report
- Doing an Inventory: Part 4 - Finishing Up
- Doing an Inventory: Part 3 - Describing Items
- Doing an Inventory: Part 2 - At the Property
- How to do an Inventory: Part 1 - Preparation
- All you need to know about Property Reports as a Tenant
- Use the FREE Reports2Go App to Speed-up Inventories
- Using on-board Dictation Software for Reports
- A guide to Inventory, Check-In, and Check-Out reports
- Reasons for Landlords to carry out Mid-term Inspections
- How to Carry out an Inventory Quickly, Accurately, and Easily
- What does an Inventory Clerk do, and should I hire one?
- Inventory – A Guide for Tenants
- Things to keep in mind when conducting a Check-in Report
- Free Schedule of Condition - Why You Need it
- End-of-Tenancy clean? All you need to know
- Reports During Covid - 19 Restrictions
- Mid-term inspections as a Landlord
- How to avoid Deposit Angst with the Reports2Go app
- The Importance of the Reports2Go App for Inventories
- All about the Reports2Go App
- The Importance of an Inventory for a Tenant
- Dictation makes for a much faster and more Accurate Inventory
- How the Reports2Go app works
- Free Property App
- Completely Free App
- Tenant Fees Act and Inventories
- When you have a lot of Inventories, Reports2Go will save you time
- Periodic Inspections and why they are good idea
- Inventory meets the 21st century with Reports2Go
- Our App saves you a lot of time on Mid-Term inspections
- What is an inventory and why have one?
- Text Mode
- Audio Mode
- Our Inventory App
- Inventory Associations
- The life cycle of a Report