The clever way for Letting Agents to create Property Reports
Completing property reports as a letting can get to the point where it becomes a full-time job for someone in the business, sometimes even more than a full-time job!
With an increasing number of properties to manage the time spent on reports is inevitably going to increase. Many landlords require periodic inspections to be taken every three months; some will let it go for six months or even a year if they have a established tenant. As a letting agent it does not matter if a landlord has only one or two properties or if they have dozens. Properties could be spread over quite a wide geographical area or be in the same locality. Regardless they all need their cycle of reports to be completed.
Then you can have a problem of scheduling mid-term inspections. Scheduling to allow time to complete even a quick inspection is tricky given everyone’s busy lives and it’s not always easy to cover many in one area on the same day.
Of course, done properly, the actual report on one property can take up a chunk of time as well. This is particularly the case if you just use a clipboard and notepad which is what many letting agents still do. They take all the notes, and then return to the office and have to type them up, or perhaps hand them over to someone else to type up while they go to take the next report on the day’s list.
Yes, property reports can be the most time-consuming and tedious task, and yet it is all a part of a letting agent’s job. So, wouldn’t it be great if there was some way to avoid having to take inventory, or if not avoid it, at least speed up the whole procedure somehow?
Well, as luck would have it, there now is, and it is called the Reports2Go inventory app. And one of the best things about our app is that it is completely free to use. Yes, as a letting agent you can use our app for nothing!
This is how it works: you download the app to your mobile or your tablet, so you can do away with the clipboard and biro. You can download it from the App Store or from Google Play. Once you have it installed, you can then use it in one of two ways, whichever one you find preferable. These are to use it in text mode or use it in audio mode.
If you use it in text mode, you simply go through the property and instead of writing your notes on a notepad you just type them into your mobile or tablet. Our clever little app has got your back too, because as you go through the property it has an intelligent algorithm which will give you prompts on things you need to check on, so that you don’t miss anything out. As you go, you can also take photos of things as necessary.
Once you are done, all you then need to do is to upload all your findings on to your portal on our server, and in a few minutes, it will be ready for you to download when you get back to the office.
If you choose to use the app in audio mode, you can get through inventory even faster. Instead of typing up your notes, you simply dictate them as you go. “Scratch on paintwork on kitchen door” or something like that.
Using our inventory app in audio ode, you again upload to your portal. Then it will be ready for you to download and type up back at the office, or you can have someone do that while you get on with the next property.
Alternatively, if you don’t have help to type it up and you don’t want to do it yourself, you can save even more time by having us type it up for you for a small fee. This way, you can make reports a breeze.
Dan, 06 August 2021
- What should you check for when Inspecting your Rental Property?
- How to Hire an Inventory Clerk
- Is an Inventory Report needed for Unfurnished Properties?
- The Reasons why you should carry out a Mid-Tenancy Inspection
- The Perfect Inventory App for Landlords
- Check-In and Check-Out reports: What you need to know as a Tenant
- Carrying out Mid-Tenancy checks: What you Need to Know
- You’re not still living in the 20th Century, are you?
- What to check for when doing an Inventory Report
- Use Speech Recognition tools to reduce time doing Reports
- Our Dictation App saves you a Huge Amount of Time
- Mid-Tenancy Reports are Critical when Letting a Property
- There may be Errors in the Inventory Report
- Reports2Go: the 21st Century way of creating Property Reports
- How to do a Condition Report for your BTL
- The work of an Inventory Clerk can be exceedingly varied
- What should you check for when inspecting your Lettings Property?
- Some things you need to know about Mid-term inspections as a Landlord
- The Reports2Go App makes Property Reports simple
- Why you should carry out Interim Inspections as a Landlord
- Why Check-In and Check-Out Reports are important for Tenants
- Some things to consider if you are thinking of buying a BTL
- The clever way for Letting Agents to create Property Reports
- Our FREE app makes Inventory Reports so much easier
- What to do if your Tenant has Damaged your Property?
- Inventory Reports and Check-Ins – are both really necessary?
- Who should pay for Property Cleaning - Tenants or Landlords?
- Is a Check-in Report Really Necessary?
- New plans and improved resolution for images
- Overheads of being a Landlord
- It is Critical that Inventory Reports are Accurate
- Mid-term Inspections of your BTL are Essential
- Minimising risks with proper tenant checks
- Making a Claim on a Tenant’s Deposit: What you need to consider
- The Importance of an Inventory for Tenants
- Things to note when conducting Check-In/Check-Out reports
- Our App saves a huge amount of time carrying out Inventories
- 5 Handy Screening Topics for New Tenants
- Busting Property Management Myths
- Six Money-Saving Tips for Landlords
- Rules for Tenants and Pets in 2021 - What are the Changes?
- As a Landlord you need to carry out Interim inspections
- Giving your Feedback on an Inventory as a Tenant
- Inventories made easy with Reports2Go
- New to Letting? What you should know about Property Reports
- Three Pillars of Good Property Management
- How can PropTech reduce your Property Inventory burden?
- Choosing the right Rental Management Strategy
- Some Tips for Promoting your Letting Agency Business
- The Importance of an Inventory to you as a Tenant
- Some Ideas to Consider in Order to Reduce your Overheads
- Legislation Concerning Landlords and Tenants is Constantly Changing
- What’s your Property Management approach?
- How to maintain a Positive Relationship with your Tenant
- How important is a Condition Report?
- Tools for New Landlords and Property Managers
- The Check-in Process in the Reports Cycle
- Doing an Inventory: Part 5 - Enhancing the Report
- Doing an Inventory: Part 4 - Finishing Up
- Doing an Inventory: Part 3 - Describing Items
- Doing an Inventory: Part 2 - At the Property
- How to do an Inventory: Part 1 - Preparation
- All you need to know about Property Reports as a Tenant
- Use the FREE Reports2Go App to Speed-up Inventories
- Using on-board Dictation Software for Reports
- A guide to Inventory, Check-In, and Check-Out reports
- Reasons for Landlords to carry out Mid-term Inspections
- How to Carry out an Inventory Quickly, Accurately, and Easily
- What does an Inventory Clerk do, and should I hire one?
- Inventory – A Guide for Tenants
- Things to keep in mind when conducting a Check-in Report
- Free Schedule of Condition - Why You Need it
- End-of-Tenancy clean? All you need to know
- Reports During Covid - 19 Restrictions
- Mid-term inspections as a Landlord
- How to avoid Deposit Angst with the Reports2Go app
- The Importance of the Reports2Go App for Inventories
- All about the Reports2Go App
- The Importance of an Inventory for a Tenant
- Dictation makes for a much faster and more Accurate Inventory
- How the Reports2Go app works
- Free Property App
- Completely Free App
- Tenant Fees Act and Inventories
- When you have a lot of Inventories, Reports2Go will save you time
- Periodic Inspections and why they are good idea
- Inventory meets the 21st century with Reports2Go
- Our App saves you a lot of time on Mid-Term inspections
- What is an inventory and why have one?
- Text Mode
- Audio Mode
- Our Inventory App
- Inventory Associations
- The life cycle of a Report