Tools for New Landlords and Property Managers
Managing a property for the first time can be intimidating, especially if you find yourself landed with the task unplanned.
The standard recourse is to use a property management company. Also, there are many resources and sites that can help you manage the administration. One aspect is accurate and timely property reports. Again, these can be handed over to a management company or a property reports clerk but can equally well be done by yourself.
Condition Report Software
Conditions reports are an important step in renting out a property, which can help you to avoid disputes with tenants and contribute to a smooth handover. At Reports2Go, our free condition report software supports the full property lifecycle from inventory, check-in, check-outs and mid-term inspections.
Some landlords choose to carry out this process manually, but this can be incredibly time-consuming and could lead to discrepancies. Our condition report features include:
Inventory Clerk App
It often was the case that to carry out an inventory for a property ahead of rental, an inventory clerk had to carry a pen, notebook and a camera to conduct a property inventory. Invariably this meant a great deal of work at the premises and then back at the office to compose the report. Report composition consisted of typing up written notes and then adding photographs from the camera into a Word document. Most clerks had to quote for a turnaround time measuring in days.
We designed our inventory clerk app on an iOS or Android device to remove the need for a clerk to physically record inventory with a pen, notebook and camera, which can be incredibly time-consuming. With this app, you can save a great deal of time capturing room descriptions and adding supporting photos with its intuitive design and specially crafted UX for landlords and property managers.
On Board Dictation Software
To speed up the inventory and reporting process for properties, you can use dictation software to rapidly complete property inventory reports.
When confronted with a room full of furnishings it makes sense to capture images of all the contents and then use the on board dictation to describe the articles and their condition. You can make corrections to small error which invariably occur there and then or after you have uploaded the media using the editor on the Reports2Go portal.
Once you have completed the reports, they are available on the portal as PDFs that can be forwarded to your tenants.
Dan, 26 November 2020
- Our FREE app makes Inventory Reports so much easier
- What to do if your Tenant has Damaged your Property?
- Inventory Reports and Check-Ins – are both really necessary?
- Who should pay for Property Cleaning - Tenants or Landlords?
- Is a Check-in Report Really Necessary?
- New plans and improved resolution for images
- Overheads of being a Landlord
- It is Critical that Inventory Reports are Accurate
- Mid-term Inspections of your BTL are Essential
- Minimising risks with proper tenant checks
- Making a Claim on a Tenant’s Deposit: What you need to consider
- The Importance of an Inventory for Tenants
- Things to note when conducting Check-In/Check-Out reports
- Our App saves a huge amount of time carrying out Inventories
- 5 Handy Screening Topics for New Tenants
- Busting Property Management Myths
- Six Money-Saving Tips for Landlords
- Rules for Tenants and Pets in 2021 - What are the Changes?
- As a Landlord you need to carry out Interim inspections
- Giving your Feedback on an Inventory as a Tenant
- Inventories made easy with Reports2Go
- New to Letting? What you should know about Property Reports
- Three Pillars of Good Property Management
- How can PropTech reduce your Property Inventory burden?
- Choosing the right Rental Management Strategy
- Some Tips for Promoting your Letting Agency Business
- The Importance of an Inventory to you as a Tenant
- Some Ideas to Consider in Order to Reduce your Overheads
- Legislation Concerning Landlords and Tenants is Constantly Changing
- What’s your Property Management approach?
- How to maintain a Positive Relationship with your Tenant
- How important is a Condition Report?
- Tools for New Landlords and Property Managers
- The Check-in Process in the Reports Cycle
- Doing an Inventory: Part 5 - Enhancing the Report
- Doing an Inventory: Part 4 - Finishing Up
- Doing an Inventory: Part 3 - Describing Items
- Doing an Inventory: Part 2 - At the Property
- How to do an Inventory: Part 1 - Preparation
- All you need to know about Property Reports as a Tenant
- Use the FREE Reports2Go App to Speed-up Inventories
- Using on-board Dictation Software for Reports
- A guide to Inventory, Check-In, and Check-Out reports
- Reasons for Landlords to carry out Mid-term Inspections
- How to Carry out an Inventory Quickly, Accurately, and Easily
- What does an Inventory Clerk do, and should I hire one?
- Inventory – A Guide for Tenants
- Things to keep in mind when conducting a Check-in Report
- Free Schedule of Condition - Why You Need it
- End-of-Tenancy clean? All you need to know
- Reports During Covid - 19 Restrictions
- Mid-term inspections as a Landlord
- How to avoid Deposit Angst with the Reports2Go app
- The Importance of the Reports2Go App for Inventories
- All about the Reports2Go App
- The Importance of an Inventory for a Tenant
- Dictation makes for a much faster and more Accurate Inventory
- How the Reports2Go app works
- Free Property App
- Completely Free App
- Tenant Fees Act and Inventories
- When you have a lot of Inventories, Reports2Go will save you time
- Periodic Inspections and why they are good idea
- Inventory meets the 21st century with Reports2Go
- Our App saves you a lot of time on Mid-Term inspections
- What is an inventory and why have one?
- Text Mode
- Audio Mode
- Our Inventory App
- Inventory Associations
- The life cycle of a Report